Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
A question on the Imbue: would it be OP to make it Immediate instead of Swift? (better synergy with AoO, I suppose... Also, I'm a bit insufficiently knowledgeable on the question of swifts in general; I suppose you can't Swift and Full Attack on the same turn, right? What about Immediate and FA the following turn? Not that it would matter, since the Imbueing would dissipate before you can turn make use of it anyway... I guess the only real benefit from it being Immediate would be, Surge, than Imbue to AoO).
Actually, you can Swift + Full Attack. Full-round actions are misleadingly named - they're really just a combined Move and Standard action, when your compliment of actions each turn is really Standard, Move, Swift. An Immediate action consumes the Swift action of your next turn. I considered making Imbue immediate, but ultimately went with Swift, largely to mirror the Boosts of martial adepts and make the decision between Assault and Imbue a bit more of a tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
Flare sets up nice multi-character combos, a very fitting thing for the genre. Ruling question, though - how do mutiple Flares stack? Since the initial attack doesn't deal damage, per se, I assume that the second Flare doesn't trigger the release; so, do the target. contains double dose of luminous energy until something else hits it, and then bursts epically with the force of all three attacks combined? (Also, would be a nice thing to make it so that the attack triggering the Release and the Flare damage counts as a single attack for overcoming DR)
This is correct - it is explicitly stated that multiple application of latent Flare damage stack, and all the damage will rush in as a single massive dose when the target takes actual damage. It's good for setting up team attacks as you say - but it also gives a rather potent mid-combat bargaining chip! Enemies are likely going to be less keen to keep fighting once they realize they'll explode violently if they so much as prick their finger.

Oh, also:

• Beams can now be widened, with sufficient ranks in the component!