View Single Post

Thread: Worst class in the entire game.

1. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Worst class in the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebar99 View Post
    Which means the question is, who is the ref? Not anyone involved in this thread so far, as their biases are obvious.
    I'll volunteer as Ref

Though at this point if we need a player I'll be interested in that too if there is nobody else willing. I want to see how this plays out.

Enemies do not have and cannot get infinite SR or a dead magic effect (some can get high saves... casters can still deal with those).
    Technically Golems and several other monsters have effectively infinite SR, its just not helpful as people think it is.
    D&D has no facing rules, there is no "behind".

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Really? REALLY? Did it occur to you that it might possibly be that the authors assumed that they didn't need to waste word count on saying 'people do not usually have all-round vision and thus it is possible to sneak up behind them with a good skill check', because only the most anal rules lawyer would try to use that in a serious argument?
    To both of you, Dnd does in fact have facing rules, on page 124 of UA, how ever those rules are variant/optional and not at all applicable to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxus View Post
    A dead magic area could be close to impossible to beat if you are a level 1 or even 20 wizard.
    Wizards are quite capable of curb stomping DM fiated dead magic zones, infinite SR, and saves.
    Last edited by Lans; 2013-04-21 at 05:02 PM.