View Single Post

Thread: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

1. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    So what about commoners in your game...

You could just keep them the same as in the DMG. But then they'd be missing out on housecat immunity. I guess you could say that they take the peasant class with no archentype.
    Since, ya know, you are totally going to be seeing a lot of 6th level commoners
    That's probably the best way to handle it, seeing as how commoners are usually defined by their LACK of abilities. Still, they can't be killed my cats so easily and they can defend their home in a pinch. Perhaps something chicken-related?

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Something I've noticed is that there are very few ways to make full-BAB ranged characters. The Hunter is pretty much the only one, and that comes with the usual nature fluff. Also, is there a particular reason for the Sage's strikes to be restricted to melee attacks?
    You know, that's a good point (though outside of the animal companion and the skill list I don't think the Hunter is very nature-themed). Maybe a Gladiator archetype? I've been meaning to replace the Rage Magus or the Vindicator. Though Unorthodox Maneuvers might need some editing to make it work - maybe an "Arrow Storm" ability that targets multiple squares, or a "Penetrating Shot" of some kind?

Let me play Gladius again and get back to you - it's where I took most of my inspiration for the combat abilities.

The only reason the Sage is restricted to melee attacks is that it was kind of vaguely a "martial arts" thing. But that's not necessary by any means. A ranged Sage could be pretty cool! All firing crossbow bolts into eyes.