Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
Yes, I like this character too. Sometime it would be nice to play this character. However, I must practice drawing squirrels.
You could just cheat and say that animals are different in her world, or that it's a magic squirrel. (just look at Hiro Mashima's "dog")

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
It is very difficult to coordinate with other players, to make sure classes are taken properly, to connect story.
Could you rephrase that? The part about classes, I mean. As for story, the traditional start to a D&D campaign is "You are complete strangers all sitting in the same tavern, when a mysterious person stands up and says they want to hire some adventurers.", so...

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Ice View Post
Recruitment is definitely a pain. The issue of course is that people wait so long in between games that all they can remember is their cool character ideas that they would not otherwise get to play rather than how the party fits together. It's understandable but annoying that the best way to play what you want is to yell louder and quicker than everyone else.
This depends on how specific the premise is, and how much it restricts the kinds of characters that would fit.

Most GMs, particularly for D&D, just say "play anything". Part of this is because D&D classes, feats, etc. have some fluff built-in, which stays the same in any game of D&D you play. Plus character-building in D&D feels more like a puzzle, so a player can feel proud of something they put together well, and want to show it off. In a game like M&M you have to do most of the description yourself, which makes it harder to get attached to a build.

Then you have games like FATE (including Dresden Files RPG), where your character description is the biggest part of your abilities, and part of character-building is writing your history with other members of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
[evil stuff]
I've heard good things about Way of the Wicked.