Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
Never thought you meant mechanically.
Well, if you can't understand what makes them weird otherwise, you may need to talk to an official.

Err... well, yes, it very much stacks, but if I remember how they modified energy resistance (it use to be per-round, now it works like DR in that it effects each hit) it isn't ever technically 8d6. It is two instances of 4d6 on those rounds, which means that it gets nerfed harder by hardness and energy resistance
Oh, yes, I was just shortening it for ease :)

I could probably whip something up pretty quick, except that I'm not sure on level... should also maybe have an expensive material component and a duration of "10 minutes/level" or something.
Cools, but don't feel you have to.

Ah, so that was the issue.
Yeah, I'm a derp. xD

Good to know. A lot of people find organ undead in general more funny than horrifying. This still means that they are enjoying my work, but at the same time there is a small voice that cries out in my head "This person just doesn't understand my art!", no matter how ridiculous that is.
They are funny; from the perspective of a player. If one of them flew at me, though? I would use so much fire.

I went with it for the brains though, which I have come to regret, even though, perversely, I don't remember anyone commenting on their humor value.
Ha.

Of course, if someone wanted to point out decent-or-better homebrew along those lines or even make one for the purpose, well, I would be willing to link or maybe even include in the same post with attribution if the author liked...
I'm tempted, but lazy. Plus, as you say, it's reeeeaaally overdone. xD