As noted above, I made an OOTS card for my Countdown to Gen Con project on facebook.

See for the card : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=494721367262590

When I placed it online I had not considered that I should have asked Rich permission to use the artwork for the card. I should possibly have pulled it offline then, but I was reluctant to do so as I had only just started my project and hoped to yet obtain permission.

Instead, I immediately sent a message to Rich (using the site's contact form) to ask for permission to keep it online, with the intent to replace the art (i.e. with a suggested allowed image, or a photograph of my OotS books) or replace the card (with another webcomic) if permission is not given.

Obviously my project's start was rather clumsy and I sincerely apologize for using the art without obtaining permission first. I hope people can look past the slight (including that I so far kept the card online).
The upside of this is that I have, since then, asked permission for all cases where art, photograps by others, or a personal portrait was used in my project.

I hope a post here can increase my chances to obtain a (hopefully positive) answer, to which I will react immediately. If I don't receive a reaction before the countdown ends, I will replace the art on the card at the end of the run.

Sincerely,

Pierre van Rooden