Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
I'll have a watch when I get home as there's no sound on my work's computers.

That said, any augmentations to the human body will have to be carefully managed and co-ordinated. There's no point in upgrading your bones and muscles if you neglect the joints or the respiratory/immune system for example.
I always wondered how one could augment joints. I guess strengthening your muscle in general will help somewhat with keeping it together, but they'll also encounter more strain when you use that muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiryt View Post
This video has fair amount of 'bullshido' - a lot of stuff is over colored for the purposes of TV...

But yeah, muscles, tendons and bones of nak muay, so thai boxers of highest level are definitely ridiculously conditioned compared to 'Average dude'.

Same thing with any actual full contact striking style, generally. Although many actual Thai boxers take it to the extreme (often ending being wrecks in their 30-ies sadly).

Any impacts of limbs against bats and other stick are absolutely pointless and suicidal beside some demonstrations obviously.

Doesn't matter how rugged your bone and muscles are, if impact is so violent that bat brakes, your limb is going to be damaged as well.
Originally, I was going to get the full series of that show. But, after watching a couple of episodes... their technique in the art you describe turned me away (but I still look up some of the interesting cases on youtube). Made to try and make their content very impressive, while informing you as little as possible.

In the end, raw physical strength seems to mean little when edge weapons and war are involved. Though, I am curious how much the tougher bones, sinew and the like can help, when you are wearing armour.