View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #904 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: OOTS #904 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nazzo, the 102nd View Post
    This comic is proof that The Giant reads the forum and hates the overanalyzers, nitpickers, rules advocates and the FDLs -- that's a category I'm inventing now, the fiddly-little-detailers.

I'm not convinced that's true.

I don't think I could find it in me, personally, to hate the people who come to my web forum day after day, read every strip, and plunk down money for kickstarter stuff, books, and other merchandise.

"hate" is a strong term. "Poke fun at in a comedy strip" is more like it. *I* am one of those rule lawyers, and if I see the joke hits at me a little bit, I'm going to have a laugh at myself in a good-hearted way. I don't think the Giant is doing it to be mean or to flip off his fan base. I think he's doing it as good-natured teasing and trying to lighten what has been up to now a fairly sombre series of strips. Durkon vampirized? V sucked into hell? Evil triumphant? Yeah, I think we COULD do with a laugh about now.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Last edited by pendell; 2013-07-24 at 02:38 PM.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl