View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #1407
    Banned

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    In this particular instance, you are correct.

The reason I broke contact with you was because I was finding it difficult to talk to you. As you picked up on, you have a tendacy to lash out at folks, especially when your mood is...less than cheerful. I felt like a jerk for a while because although you were in trouble, I was afraid to contact you.
    Don't be afraid... I miss hearing from you.

Moriwen has said a lot of really sensible stuff in her post. With regards to the therapy, you do need some professional level support of some description. A psychiatrist might be able to determine whether it is a chemical reaction in your brain that's causing these sudden shifts in moods - a therapist can only provide conversational support and advice on behaviour changing tactics.
    I really don't remember...it's been so long since I talked to them.

I know it's a long distance to travel - long train journeys suck. Look at it like this though - wouldn't it be nice to have some peace in your own brain and have more friends returning to you when they see how you've improved? That's got to be worth the price of a couple of train trips.
    But I thought I had improved. And no-one noticed.

A friend of mine is often reluctant to attend their therapy appointments, because, like you, they live far away and it's difficult for them to raise the motivation to go. It sometimes takes the entire efforts our friends to convince them to go...but the person that comes back from therapy is noticeably happier and the feeling seems to last slightly longer with each visit.
    ._. But I thought I had gotten better. I was seeing the therapists for two years overall. I was so happy after the last visit...

With regards to the update, would you mind filling in this questionnaire?

* Do you know why this person was angry with you?
    * Do you regret sending it?
    * Have you apologised for sending it?
    * Nope. They didn't even seem angry. They just re-surfaced it for ****s n giggles.
    * Yes, of course I do!
    * Yes!!!

If you've answered "yes" to all of these, then you've almost done everything you need to do on your end but there's one more bit....

* Is there a risk of you repeating this action again, either with this person or someone else?

If the answer to this one is "yes"...then it's time to take a train trip, Skeppio.

Good luck.
    I don't know. Probably not?
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2013-07-29 at 07:35 AM.