Quote Originally Posted by Azreal View Post
I'm just wondering if there's a realistic weapon that also acts as an instrument (barring a mace as drumsticks) like when used as a weapon also makes at least what could be considered music anyway
I'm not sure why anybody in his right mind would encumber his weapon or diminish the effort of fighting for his life by such unnecessary multitasking. I understand that music can help to bolster morale, give signals and facilitate a steady advance in large formations during battle, but the people providing it are not supposed to be personally fighting whilst they do so.

On the other hand - stranger things happened. If nothing else, it might startle or distract less skilled opponents. I know there are those asian swords (?) with nine rings in them. I'm sure some of the gentlemen in this thread can explain what their intended purpose is and what would happen of you replace them with little bells.

Also, there are Kabura-ya (whistling arrows), but I think you'd need a company or so of archers to combine the individual sounds in a melody and they are not really designed to kill people.