View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] Inside 53

1. - Top - End - #1370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 53

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [HLabs, Inside Division>>Space]

Even if Amelia could get up out of her seat she doesn't try. She lets herself get pressed up against her seat as they take off into the air. She doesn't close here eyes or look away, instead focusing on watching out the windshield in front of them, waiting for gravity to lose it's grip on them. She doesn't seem to get any injuries.
    Assuming there's nothing else happening (post now if you're throwing something at me, everyone), the rocket reaches space. There's a loud clunk as the main stage detaches and the second stage fires. Harald hits a button, and his harness retracts, along with the console panels. He rolls out of the seat, falling to the back wall of the cockpit, flipping in midair landing with unexpected agility for a science-nerd type. (Because, of course, the rocket's acceleration provides gravity in the opposite direction to its motion).

"We'll reach the asteroid in three hours, eighteen minutes. You stay there, we'll stop accelerating in four minutes. That's when the gravity provided by that acceleration will no longer be in effect. I'll be back then; there are some things I need to prepare. If you need me, say clearly "VC, call Harald". You'll be able to talk to me."

He grips the ladder above his head, lifts himself up and slides through the hole.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-06 at 02:02 PM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show