Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
I always, ALWAYS wake up to the nearby clocktower's 8AM dingdongdingdongggssss and it drives me nuts.
I wish I could wake up at eight with that degree of regularity. But alas, there are no clock towers around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
Speaking of pineapples though, have any of you ever had grilled pineapple before? What about on a burger?
On a burger? No. Grilled? Yes. But it is definitely not my preferred method of having pineapple.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Well, if no house is further away than 150 metres from all other, I think that'll qualify as a "småort" by our standards, which just means it's a complete nowhere...

Hmm, it may be so that they're shipped partially unripened to better preserve them during the journey, and that they haven't quite gotten the chance to ripen their fullest over here yet...

Well, buy it together with other fresh greens then.
Of course all the houses are near each other as the town is surrounded by the forest that bears its name. It's a nice little place, I wholeheartedly suggest visiting it if you just so happen to be driving through that part of the world.

The advantage of shipping them unripe is that they would ripen during the trip, rather than waiting until they're ripe before shipping which would result in them possibly being overripe at the destination. Preservation may come into it, but the fruits that are shipped long distances usually keep well anyway.

That would require walking home with a box of various fruits and vegetables. In the sun. I don't like pineapple that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
editedit

*nibbles Elemental gently about the ear, chirruping in a distracting fashion, while a few agents sneak into his things to swipe his ring*
Such deceptions will never work! Besides, I don't keep it among my possessions.
However, while you are here, I shall set water to boil for tea and search the cupboards for fruits and grains such that your expedition to my household need not be completely in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
Just so you know, 30*C is normal for summer here. As in, 85*F-95*F is summer in VA (sans lots of rain or good luck), fullstop. Now, 100*F is a little more impressive, but that's happened a couple of times here this summer too, and we got no such warning.

The Texas people here will be laughing at you, because what you've got now is almost cool compared to what they get.
Apparently, people from colder climates find the heat exceptionally difficult. Personally, I wouldn't know anything about that as I am a Queenslander, and one needs to be resilient towards Summer. Though I will admit that anything over forty causes me to become essentially useless.

And is it weird that now that I see half your username written vertically, I now feel like making an acrostic poem that makes use of those letters? I just need to think of something that starts with X that isn't xylophone. Xenial, Xanthippe, xylem, xanthophyll, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
I'm not a fan. I like pineapple juice but not pineapples themselves. Weird, I know.
I am much the same with tomatoes. I hate eating them, but I will gladly consume tomato soup, pasta sauce made with tomatoes and tomato sauce on what it goes well with.

ION:

That was not what I wanted to happen just before I go off to bed. That was really, really not what I wanted to happen just before I go off to bed. I... I don't think I can sleep now...
Oh dear... What has happened?

I... don't want to talk about it...

And yes, hugs are always welcome. Especially now. :smallfeeblesmile:

*hugs*
Oh... In that case my previous question is invalidated. I wish you the best of luck. If you need us, we'll be here for you.
*hug*

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
Oh, well then yeah that would work. I hate needles. It also has to do with something I believe in, that I shouldn't go into here. But it makes the thought of having blood drawn so much worse to me.
At least needles are more convenient than having one's blood extracted with a knife. Personally, I have no advice as to how to make the process easier to stand, but I will say that one cannot expect to be comfortable with the process immediately. It will always be physically uncomfortable unfortunately.

@Kneenibble: It is indeed good to hear that your date went well. Hopefully it is a sign that your recovery continues unabated.

Anyway... News from the world of Elemental: I've come down with something and I feel a touch ill. Which is very inconvenient as I need to finish drawing an avatar for someone, clean the ceiling of the kitchen and the dining room, empty a cupboard in my room and continue to sort through boxes.
On the one hand, I did manage to find a book that contained photos of my grandma and great aunt when they were young. Apparently, the population of the town they grew up in was small enough for them to feature in a photographic record.
Fortunately, Mum gets home from her trip tomorrow.