1. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Attempting for the first time to play catch up...

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    So first mugged.. Then getting a date. You get all the luck. Nah, happy for you Nibbles! Fortune came out of the misfortune. Perhaps you'll get lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What can I say, even with a broken face I know how to work it. Is it in bad taste to play up the pity angle just a little bit? It sure brought out his nurturing side.
    Someone mugged our Kneen? Who do I have to sit on with my gigantic, cuddly, marsupialed self? (and when did you say that you had, I can't believe I missed it!)

Glad you were able to use the damage to your advantage, but I'd prefer it not to be a needed tactic in the future, what with the cause of the damage. Also, I'm sure you would have been quite charming on your own accord!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, imagine youself walking with you lips pushed as deep as possible into a glass filled nigh to the brim and walking around with that because just staying in the kitchen is boring (and you'll need to wash your face afterwards anyway)...
    This made me laugh. Oh derpy. When I was young, that's how I drank things. It was messy, which meant it was the best way to drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Are you people eating radioactive pineapple? I've never had that problem. Course, the ones we get here are relatively fresh.

I would totally buy myself one, except it's such a chore actually preparing one. I feel as if I need an icepick. Or at least a diamond-bit rotary saw.

Weird heat here too. I actually woke up earlier because of it. That hasn't happened in a while.
    I know! I've never had problems with pineapple! *shrugs* Guess some are more sensative?

I use a serated kitchen knife and it works just fine. Then again, you're talking to someone who makes fruit baskets out of watermelons on a regular basis. Oh man. Now I wanna make one... Jack-o-lanterns are coming soon, too!

I don't wake up from heat unless I'm dying of thirst. But I sure do have issues going to sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Pineapple is good. Not as good as lemon, but fairly tasty.
    Oh, lemons. I love lemons. Sour is my favorite flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Wombattius, are you recovered from the turmoil of your disastrous road trip?
    Alas, last week was the worst I'd had in awhile: what with the failed trip and my Grandmother passing away, but luckily the car repair was only $180, and it's running back to normal. I'm still a bit funky, and that money had to be taken out of the ring fund for my proposal, so . Also, we were able to get a full refund for the Horrid Hotel. So I guess it could have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I'm not sure what this is, but it's beautiful. IRN: it's EVEN HOTTER today. Heat index is over 100 outside, and my room is essentially an oven, so I'll be staying with my sister. I already tried walking there, but since I'm the MOST directionally challenged, I walked half a mile due the wrong direction, and am now sitting in the one air-conditioned spot on campus, where the power just went out. I'm about to set out again. Wish me luck.
    Agh! That sounds terrible. (sets up three fans to blow at you over the internet)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, I think the correct tense is "are emerging", because I'm far from out of this yet. I've taken to refering to my condition as stable but fragile, but I've come upon a period of mood swings, so I guess I'm not sure about how much stability I can truthfully claim to possess...

I'm currently going through a lot of emotions as well. Good and bad, they've all come upon me at once and there hasn't been a moment without any for several days. It's a bit overwhelming, but I accept them nevertheless, for I haven't felt this much for a long, long time...

But fret not, I will keep striding until I've fully emerged, stronger than I ever was! :3

Well, Swedish is a very... enunced language (for lack of a better word), so don't expect my (actually rather present) accent to become any more prominent under the influence...

The same was true here in Sweden as well, with substitute coffee made from roasted grains and bark, and while we're not number one like you Finns, we rank pretty close to the top in the coffee-drinking league as well. I won't look up the statistics, but I think we're number two, actually.

Not that I contribute to that figure. Coffee tastes too bitter and I don't really need the caffeine...

ION:

That was not what I wanted to happen just before I go off to bed. That was really, really not what I wanted to happen just before I go off to bed. I... I don't think I can sleep now...
    Glad to see some forward movement. Despite what some people might say, feeling is a good thing. We're all rooting for you here.

I've always been curious to learn about Swedish. Its one of those languages that you don't hear about often, that I'd like to know more about. For instance - is it like any language? Or is it out there on it's own? I know virtually nothing about it, I'm embarassed to say.

I don't like coffee, and don't drink it ever. I'm told it's an aquired taste, but if I don't like something the first time, logic dictates I don't try it again until I do. I suspect that better in time thing is more the dependence on the caffiene anyway...and that others like the taste.

Me, I love SMELLING coffee. It's really a much better experience than consuming it.

Poor Teddy. ::Hugs:: Whatever it was, I hope it goes away and you're able to drift off swiftly.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Yes yay! I had small stomach issues again and seem to not have the appetite that I usually do, other than that though I am quite well. *huggles*
    Blasted stomach. I have several friends (including my girlfriend) who have mystery stomach issues. I think my girlfriend said she once found out it was a thyroid issue. Perhaps this is the case with you? Are there any foods that are always good for your stomach, or always bad?

Hmm that is very smart. Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. And now I can rationalize why I like strawberry milk and loathe strawberries...
    That or it could be a texture thing. I don't like melons, because they are slimy. And I don't like apple skin because its tough and tasteless, and detracts from my enjoyment of the apple.

I tend to follow a certain little idea, in that people who go out of their way in life and be nice to me are good people, even at least to a degree. I don't know you well or many other people here, but you have all been very nice; to me therefore you are friends, and I do all I can to assist in times of worry and sadness and hardship. And share cookies when I make them. *hugs and cookies for all*
    Pleased to be one of your friends! The feeling is mutual. Should you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here to shoulder complaints, hug when needed, consol when devestated, laugh when funny stories persist, brainstorm with when creative or chat to when bored. Also, would that be a cookie I can add to my internet worth, or OMNOMNOMNOM cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Yay unpaid overtime for the rest of the week.

This is so awesome
    I'm detecting a lot of blue emenating from this post. What you need is a good sprinkling of some green ($). Are they requiring you to work, but paying you regular hours? Is there any way to dispute this? Or is this common practice at your place of employment?
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-08-27 at 07:29 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)