1. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

I would apologize for posting here far less often than my usual (and for the massive walls of quotes that I leave when I do), but to be perfectly honest, I'm a bit tense and too worn out to actually mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Amadou! I cannot get tangled up in your hair, because I have devoted myself to nesting in Finnion only. However I can sit on your shoulder and tweet along to your guitar.

Thank you kindly. I am feeling better now. It has been a huge comfort to pop in to this forum when I can and say hello to friends. It feels so safe and happy here.

Oh, chivalrous and gallant Mynxalot, no that's not it! Well, he nearly broke certain other parts of me on Friday, but my heart was safe and sound.
    And while I will miss the company, the tangles of my hair shall not miss the mess you leave when you go.
    That reminds me... I had a mind to record some things... I should get to that when I have the time.

Good to hear.

I'll have you know I laughed for a solid five minutes or so at this.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Honestly, you are one of the two people that I know that actually liked that stuff. Bunch of weirdos, you are.

That does not help with my fury at all...

But but but, there's so much to do before class. Well. Sort of. Not yet but soon! Then again I'm utterly bored right now with nothing to do, so I would be thrilled if I had uni work to occupy myself with at the moment. Oh, the frustration of life!
    It was all memorization and math, and no precise manipulation of chemicals. That made it far easier to do. It's much easier to get a lab right if you don't have to hold something steady and measure it.

Look, I'm willing to accept a few punches in exchange for a game of chess. Just don't be surprised if I decide to bring some padding...

*nods* Well, you can always have some of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Indeed. Actually knowing people in America does make visiting it seem like a much more worthwhile endeavour than my original plans of looking at scenery and buildings before going home. I mean, this way, I have people whose hospitality I can politely impose upon.

Hmm... Obviously, what you need to do is ask an ophthalmologist for his or her professional opinion. After all, they have the equipment to take a really close and detailed look.
    *nods* Indeed.

Eh, but I'm kind of indifferent on what colour my eyes are... it doesn't bother me that they don't know what to pick. My driver's license says green, so officially that's what I go with.

Blargh... Chords... I feel like a charlatan because I still can't play the F chord without it sounding like my guitar is broken.

Admittedly, I do believe that I have blank sheet music running around in a suitable quantity. If it merely uses five strings, then I am golden. On the other hand, I just copy down music in standard notation and work from there.

That's the spirit! Okay... I really don't know what I'm going on about here...
    Honestly, that's one of the hardest chords to do; it's in an awkward spot, and even with a lot of practice, it'll still feel weird to fret. I've only rather recently (in the past 6 months/year) been able to play it well consistently. If your action is too high (the strings too far from the frets), it'll be nigh-impossible to fret, and if your action is too low (strings too close to the frets), then it'll make a bunch of string noise regardless. It's a chord I try to avoid playing barred the whole way if I can.

*nods* Whatever works is good. I've found typing tabs up (courier new is a good font for that) works pretty well also - (and you can probably just copy-paste some tabs onto your computer)... granted, not as useful if you don't have a laptop, or can't practice in front of a desktop.

Heheheh

Eh... I have niche interests that are difficult to satisfy. That, and they fluctuate more than the tuning of a piccolo. For example, I've been listening to harp constantly for the past week.

You do have snow after all. My entire state is snow free save for Stanthorpe and a couple other places down there, and they don't get much snow at all. I can't even recall the last time it snowed in Toowoomba, and that's up in the mountains.
    Well, I like a lot of things, and finding artists similar to a certain style isn't too difficult (although again, I'm more familiar with some things than I am with others), as long a you know what style you're looking for. Harp music I probably can't help you with, though.

*nods* Well, not always, but that does tend to happen in the winter here, aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Honestly, the words "I'll be alright in [sometime]" have kinda stopped working for calming me down. They only really make me worry about the person falling back again...
    For future reference, if I ever tell you this, you don't need to worry about me.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    -snip-

I am selfish, and a bit of a narcissist; I am in desperate need of amiable company after a month (particularly the last week) of Hell.
    Feel better, Curly :\

I've always held that selfishness is a virtue. (although like everything else, should be taken in moderation).

-snip; fauns-

I should redraw it to not have the visual pun partially ruined by the visual typo of mine, but baby deer probably require more work to make a sufficiently squishy pile of...
    Heh, I think I missed this the first time around... Brilliant!

Nay, it's hilarious as is.

ION:
    Our Internet is back. This is good. :3
    Indeed. I think internet is the only way I stay occupied anymore... (and it's required for my schoolwork). I'd say "sane", but that's arguable, really.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    ION: Nokia sold its soul to Microsoft and I have all the rights to be majorly pissed off today for that.
    *snicker*

Hrmph. And I actually liked Nokia, too. Hopefully their phones are still reasonably good.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-09-03 at 03:05 PM.
    A few odds and ends.