The tree thing wasn't individual case. I mean buying english written books and donating it to a library in Poland would have same effect as recycling them. Some people in Poland probably read oots. Say it's 10000 people (number out of the hat i admit). There are 40 000 000 mln people in Poland. Means one of 4000 is reading. Thats probably more than people who are using my local library. Statistically i'm probably the only reading person in my area.

Someone who is not reading, might not know english (not enought to read books in it at least - english in second to polish in Poland).

So when i buy next book if i have all of them already i am buying a book for no reason, and someone alse could buy it. Therefore next reprint will be one book sooner then it should be because of me. That probably would affect the trees if many people did it.

This is all theory. I mean i ve never bought any book's because im not wealthy and stuff.

But why a guy like the op should't have that tip option?

Well Rich might feel that he would feel obliged to draw more or work more if people gave him couple thousand $ in short time. <which would make me damn happy>

But does it really mean such thing? People like me read this comic for free and are very happy about it existing.

So it is customary to tip a waitress. You don't have to, but it's taken badly if you dont.

There is no custom about tipping writers. No bad feelings. No harm to be done. I mean the guy could still put money in an envelope and send it somehow (i think - i might be wrong). Why not give him that option.

It doesn't feel cheap or only for begginer comic writers.