Quote Originally Posted by Qc Storm View Post
Sky Vigil, you mentioned as OP. I do not see any inherent problems with it, as smart enemies will quickly learn that aerial space over the dragoon is unsafe. Considering there are rarely any obstacles in the air, fliers can easily maneuver around the dragoon (in itself creating an intangible obstacle, not a bad thing.) Even if the dragoon receives an AoO, it is not terribly destructive (unless the dragoon has improved grapple, in which case things suddenly become awesome.)

You speak of Dragoon Jump being insufficient. What do you suggest to improve it? (assuming Dragoon remains a base class)
I'm not sure if it's OP (I struck that part through), but it allows the Dragoon to ground any flyer who provokes an AoO by tripping. Maybe that's what you want to see, but as I said before - it makes things into a ground game, where you would be better off charging, and suddenly your best class feature is out.

I never said Dragoon Jump is insufficient - I said that it is given all in one package, so you start life off as a crappy fighter, then suddenly get awesome. Later on, the action economy passes you by since you spend half your turns jumping up. Having AoE blasts upon jumping is nice, but I'm not 100% convinced that it's better to Dragoon Jump grounded foes than charge them. Eventually, there are no flying foes left because you have Sky Vigil.

The power curve for the class is very choppy, where you start with suck, hit a very good peak early, and then slowly descend from there. Giving some use for jumping at lvl 1 or 2 would be nice, as would a way to jump without giving up turns later on. You need to make this be a viable alternative to getting a fly spell cast on your character.