You might want to check out Minneapolis, friend. According to Wikipedia, our winters are a little colder and our summers warmer. We're one of the most literate, highly educated cities in the country. The suburbs can be kind of, I don't know, weird I guess. There's this concept of 'Minnesota nice', that might be what you're referring to with the typical anti-social Finnish behavior, where people are polite at the expense of being honest.

People in the city proper tend to be more liberal, more LGBT friendly and keener on multiculturalism. We have a pretty solid public transit system and after Portland, OR we're the most bike friendly town in the country. I walk everywhere and my only complaint about it is January. For recreation, there's some cool stuff. Lots of parks, lots of lakes. We're an obligatory stop on pretty much every decent musical group's touring schedules, thanks to venues like First Ave. There's a robust local music scene, but I'm not really tuned into it anymore.

If you get homesick, lots of people have Scandinavian ancestry, and you can still find some older people who grew up speaking Norwegian, Swedish or Finnish as their first language. Most of them are older, but Minneapolis is big and cosmopolitan and I'm sure there's some kind of community of expat Finns.