rogueboy covered most of my points already, but I wanted to add:

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
She could easily say yes. She began hating me recently, which was the cause of her cutting me out of her life. I wasn't asking for validation, I was asking because if she was still angry then I obviously read the signals wrong, should give her space, instead of trying to continue a conversation where she might still hate me which would just annoy the hell out of her.
There's only one way this question makes sense - and that's if she has already used that word to you. If she has stated that she hates you, in no uncertain terms, not in the heat of the moment and then regretted, but clearly and unquestionably. If so, yes, it's a fair-ish question.
I say "fair-ish", because if she has truly said that, I have no idea why you would even entertain the idea of contacting her. Hate is pretty much the strongest negative emotion in existence, and way past the point of no return.

If, however, you just wanted to know if she was angry with you, there's a perfectly servicable question: "hey, are you still angry with me?"

The thing is, even if you weren't asking for validation, that's how the hate question comes across. It's sad, but intentions don't really matter - what you actually say, does.