As dubious as I am to get into an alignment debate, I'm not sure if the model of orcs that spring from the ground as murderous cannibal adults can be really called 'evil', anyway. Evil, to me, is a conscious choice to do the wrong thing for your personal gain, material or otherwise. If a creature is hard-wired into being violent and destructive, is it really evil? The same would apply to inherently good creatures, but funnily enough, you don't see those very often. I wonder why... Of course, whether or not we call such a creature evil is really immaterial, because either way, other beings need to defend themselves from them. But describing them as 'evil' isn't really accurate.

Really, the 'inherently evil' orcs, goblinoids and whatnot seem like an attempt to have your cake and eat it too. People want sapient, intelligent enemies capable of forming societies, creating plans and acting strategically, but they also want them to be universally monsters they can kill without compunctions. But trying to combine the two ends in dissonance.