Interesting... though as a player I'd be somewhat unhappy with the 25% chance that I'd be rolling up a new character if there's anything at all time critical that the PCs have to do (like stopping an advancing army...) that doesn't involve a sidequest jaunt to convince a God that it'd be really, really nifty if he let this one soul back to life... pleaseeeeeee?

Otherwise, your table's balanced towards neutral or negative results - you have 50% chance nothing happens, 29% chance something bad happens, 12% chance something good happens, and 8% chance the character's alignment gets twisted in some direction, which can be good or bad depending on how the player wanted to take the character. And 1% chance that multiple good or bad things happen to character.

For the purposes of 'bad', I define the above 25% you don't get to resurrect without a sidequest as 'bad' (since unless the DM throws in a loaner NPC, you're out of it for a while, or rolling a new character as the party moves on without your old character), along with the 4% chance that one of your stats gets drained and possibly permenantly reduced, or you lose a skill point.

It's not a bad system however, just a bit harsher on the PCs then Resurrection generally tends to be. Noone ever said the trip back across the veil was going to be easy!

The only thing I would really dislike is the 25% chance that you're rolling up a new character unless your party drops everything to go bargain for your soul.