1. - Top - End - #459
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dysfunctional Rules IV- It's like a sandwich made of RAW failure!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there's an isssue with determining the offhand damage for double weapons.
    Is there?

Double Weapons
    Dire flails, dwarven urgroshes, gnome hooked hammers, orc double axes, quarterstaffs, and two-bladed swords are double weapons. A character can fight with both ends of a double weapon as if fighting with two weapons, but he or she incurs all the normal attack penalties associated with two-weapon combat, just as though the character were wielding a one-handed weapon and a light weapon.

The character can also choose to use a double weapon two handed, attacking with only one end of it. A creature wielding a double weapon in one hand can’t use it as a double weapon—only one end of the weapon can be used in any given round.
    Emphasis mine. "A character can fight with both ends of a double weapon as if fighting with two weapons just as though the character were wielding a one-handed and a light weapon." You're being distracted by the interjection in the middle of the sentence which has no relevance as to how the weapon is wielded for the purpose of determining strength modifier to damage. Additionally, the only way to use a double weapon as a two handed weapon is to only attack with one end while using both hands.
    Last edited by Talderas; 2013-11-06 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeZero View Post
    i'm not going to act like a complete idiot and cripple myself, either, just so that YOU can feel like you are awesomely powerful playing your crossbow barbarian or whatever.