In addition to the chilly/scarf quote, The Giant On George R. R. Martin has also been proposed for the Index. I'd hate for a proposal to get lost between threads.

Spoiler
Show
:
Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
I'm really tired of this idea that George R. R. Martin invented the concept of killing characters circa year 2000. At least the OP didn't insultingly imply that I'm only killing characters because I'm a fanboy of his, as I have seen elsewhere.

So, for the record: I've never read George R. R. Martin. I haven't watched Game of Thrones. I don't have HBO, for starters, and I haven't bought the DVDs. I am aware, second-hand, that apparently he kills off a lot of characters, sometimes all at once. I can't really say too much about that, though, because I'm not familiar with it.

I can say that I have read several reviews/articles about the work that makes me think that it's not for me, as I have no interest in "gritty realism" for its own sake, I almost exclusively want to read about actual heroes being actually heroic, and I prefer not to read extensive descriptions of meat dishes.

And I've never killed a developed character where that character's death wasn't a direct result of their own choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
That means thread title!

Index of the Giant's Comments II - is this thread influenced by Terry Pratchett?
Index of the Giant's Comments II - feeling chilly today.
Index of the Giant's Comments II - 'no' is not relevant.
Hmm....

Index of the Giant's Comments II - Bottomless Title of Self-Reference
Index of the Giant's Comments II - Genealogy by Elan
Index of the Giant's Comments II - Camel Crossing Continents
Index of the Giant's Comments II - Thoth's Incognito Cousin
Index of the Giant's Comments II - Ishtar's Dromedary
Index of the Giant's Comments II - OR IS SHE