Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
So they are moral imperatives, but they're incomplete and imperfect.
Except, as brought up by Luccio, they're explicitly not moral laws. They can be viewed that way, but that is not the intent behind them, and someone suggesting that it is/should be is viewed as a danger by the council.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
I'd not be suprised if say you actually could be brought up on First Law violation for using the Ways to position yourself to kill someone with a gun. Even if it doesn't technically have the sort of negative feedback loop sort of thing of Dresdenverse magical theory, you did still use magic to assist you in freaking murder. Clearly your mindset is not all hunky-dory, and just how slippery is that slope?

Obviously potential extenuating circumstances abound in a real imperfect world and are extended for say Wardens in pursuit of duties... but I'd not be surprised either for anything with even a hint of grey has actually been prosecuted at some point.

Safety Margin.
Except that's really not how the laws are implemented. I mean, by that logic, all killings should be treated that way. But they aren't. Because, as stated in the books themselves, by the former head of the Wardens, the laws are most certainly not moral in nature.