Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
Nothing wrong with polyamory though.
Almost went there, but didn't want to step on the landmine of the stereotype that bi people need to be in open/swinging/poly/whatever relationships or they're not really bi because they picked one person who (probably) has one gender.

Besides, I think Haley's more suited to monogamy. Given her history of trust issues, I think the added reassurance would help her emotional well-being a lot. And Elan, of course, would love a nice, cliched, traditional happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Smeagle View Post
I look at it more from the perspective of "Elan is a good person and Haley is happy with monogamy, but is still a little flustered by Tsukiko's short skirts and fishnet." And in all seriousness she has every right to feel uncomfortable about being attracted to the enemy - it could be a hazard in combat. But if Elan happened to be Elaine, she might also be perfectly OK with that.
True. I dunno. Tsukiko's combination of unsavoriness and brattiness makes my skin crawl a little at the idea of anyone being attracted to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
There is a point where that would start taking self-censorship to the extreme. Sexism is such a big thing it is hardly where I would say it crosses that line but there are other parts of the comic where we find these things. The Empress of Blood is clearly a "fat=stupid=lazy=acceptable to laugh at" characterization, something I am very much aware of given that I used to be obese and have a number of friends of various weight levels who are actively promoting a positive image of fat, or who have a negative perception of their own bodies, or are struggling on the fence. I'm not sure what I think about the acceptability fat jokes, but I decided to take away a link that included an my earlier attempt using the Empress that has in fact bothered me. This would certainly seem to cross the line if you are actively attempting to avoid all forms of discrimination
Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
The Empress is fat because she is dumb, not dumb because she is fat. Her fatness is the direct result of being fooled by Tarquin. You'll note that in the flashback panel where Tarquin is fighting Nale (just two years ago), she's still skinny. Her defining characteristic is thus her stupidity, not her weight, and in no way does her weight actually impede her functioning. And she's not lazy at all—she's actively pursuing a regimen of self-improvement, day in and day out. She's just totally wrong on how that works.

So while I get what you're saying, I feel like the fact that her size is willfully self-inflicted muddies the water.
Aaaaaaand suddenly we've gotten all the way to gainers. :buries face in hands: