No problem. Happy to help, however slightly.

Yeah, no, I think your interpretation of nonlethal damage is correct. That's what the rules are normally meant to represent. Yeah, I'm aware of Bludgeoner. Although...not all feats are equal, and like I said there's a trait that does basically the same thing, but for slashing weapons. Now, one could argue it's the trait that's overpowered, rather than the other way around.

Anyway, not trying to force any radical changes upon you. It was just an idle musing considering the fluff. My thought, regarding hitting people with the pommel and what not, would probably result in some sort of custom ability whereby you can deal nonlethal damage with any melee weapon, but it changes the damage type to blunt or something. However, that might be a whole custom feat or feat chain, possibly. Too big a thing to edge into this project, arguably. As things stand your current mechanics seem to already express the fluff well enough, in my view, so it's hardly something the race is lacking, either. I do like the idea of representing cultures via the race builder like this. Might look into doing that for our custom campaign setting.
Cheers!/
- Gears