Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
Can you indicate the rule that says thrown weapons with handedness are a different category than thrown weapons without? I can find no such distinction.
I gave the quote above, but here it is again.
Quote Originally Posted by SRD Weapons
Weapons are grouped into several interlocking sets of categories.

These categories pertain to what training is needed to become proficient in a weapon’s use (simple, martial, or exotic), the weapon’s usefulness either in close combat (melee) or at a distance (ranged, which includes both thrown and projectile weapons), its relative encumbrance (light, one-handed, or two-handed), and its size (Small, Medium, or Large).
I would like to especially emphasize the word "interlocking" there, as it is the key to the whole thing. There are multiple categorization axes, and they are orthogonal, just like the X, Y, and Z axes of cartesian coordinates. That is, you can mix and match them, and a weapon that is an A on the X category might be a C on the Y category and N/A on the Z category. Here, what I'm getting at is that handedness/encumbrance (not to be confused with carrying capacity, of course) is one such axis; a weapon might be light, one-handed, or two-handed, or may indeed have no handedness listed at all, which is notably the case both for bows and for javelins. However, a weapon of any given handedness can be a thrown weapon, or not a thrown weapon; the two axes are simply not linked in that way. (They are linked in the sense that any weapon usable in melee, which includes most thrown weapons and one or two projectile weapons like bladed crossbows and elvencraft bows, will have a handedness, and no weapon not usable in melee can have a valid handedness, but since there are thrown weapons in both of those groups that's mostly beside the point.)

Any sort of bow cannot accept the special ability nor can a weapon be turned into one. They are projectile weapons.
Yes, quite so.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphing, as seen on fair use
The wielder of a morphing weapon can reshape it into any other weapon of the same type (light, one-handed, or two-handed) as a standard action. For instance, a morphing longsword could become a battleaxe or a composite longbow.
It's possible this is a version from a different sourcebook than the one you're thinking of, but I don't have direct access to it, so who knows.