View Single Post

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Hello, I'm DME and I'm looking for a DM.

I got a character idea that I'd like to explore together with someone who is familiar with D&D 3.5 and knows how to create a dynamic, living world for PCs to adventure in.

The idea itself starts with Xefas' Olethrofex class, which is a very interesting piece of homebrew. I'd like to play a man returned from the dead by the goddess of death to end the lives of those who try to cheat her by extending their lives beyond what Fate granted them. In this world everyone's lives are determined by Fate, your birth and death are predestined and the vast majority live out their lives according to what is written in the Book of Fate. However a few individuals are powerful enough to surpass their destiny and rewrite their entry in the Book. Often they try to extend their lives beyond their allotted time and wherever they go they affect the lives of others, killing some before their time is up while bringing others back that should be left to rest in peace.

The character is killed when ending up in a conflict between two of these Fate-breakers and cuts a deal with the goddess of death; He is returned from the dead, to live outside Fate and in return she will guide him to those who try to live longer than they should so that he can end their lives. The idea is that the campaign will be focused a lot around undead creatures as well as spellcasters.

Mechanically I would like to play a gestalt character, using the Olethrofex and Grod_The_Giant's The Legend class to create a anti-undead/mage character. For the godess of death I like Pharasma from the Pathfinder standard setting. She's a goddess of death and fate which fits nicely with the story. Level-wise I don't care too much as long as starting level is 4+, as I don't really like the first three levels in D&D and the story doesn't really fit a starting character.

Questions? Comments? Feel free to post in this thread or PM me
    Last edited by DeusMortuusEst; 2013-12-15 at 02:49 PM.
    Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.