Quote Originally Posted by andresrhoodie View Post
LOL I'm the DM and I text while everyone is deciding what to do and sometimes between turns at the end of the night.

Yeah gaming is fun but ultimately if my girlfriend texts me... well she's more fun then anyone else at that table. So I'm gonna answer. Just like we play at one of the players houses and if his GF comes out and asks him something or to help with something we take a pause for a few minutes.

Grown up life doesnt end when you sit down at table and our real life relationships and responsibilities are more important then a game.

If some DM told me to leave my phone at the door when the game started I would tell him to kiss me where its always dark and walk. Thats totally unreasonable.
There's a difference between "This game is not more important than real life" and "This game is not worth taking seriously in the slightest." Interrupting the game because your girlfriend's mother is in the hospital and you need to go support her is one thing: Interrupting the game because your girlfriend is lonely and wants to jabber on the phone with you for 20 minutes is another. If you can't put aside a few hours each week where you're free from distractions, then maybe roleplaying games aren't for you.