GM post

Sheriff Hemlock grunts loudly and sighs. "Aye. I'll take you all to the sawmill now, if you're willing. While the evidence is still... fresh. I suggest you all refrain from breakfast if you've not had the chance yet, and grab any gear you feel you might need. Hand that note to me for safekeeping if you will, Mister Skerlati. I'll wait downstairs." Giving the coffee stains on the floor a severe glance, he raises an eyebrow and grimaces. "Eh, I'll go fetch someone to wipe that off the floor for you, Miss Setsuna. Rico, you need to be more careful where you spit."

Striding to the door and yanking it open, the Sheriff almost trips over Brin, who is likely still bent over outside.

Quick! Someone explain Brin's presence! Or Brin can explain herself.

Red

Setsuna coming to her defense surprises Red, causing her to colour up slightly. That was... unexpected. People didn't usually contradict the Sheriff in public. Not even Rico.

When it becomes clear that this meeting is done, Red goes to Setsuna's side and rests her fingers on the back of the tiefling's wrist, bowing her head to indicate her thanks. Next, she moves to where Sirus is and gives his arm a gentle squeeze - for she can hardly reach his shoulder - smiling at him.

"...I know you didn't do it. I'll back you up."