View Single Post

Thread: Neutral Characters in Good Campaigns

1. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

Default Re: Neutral Characters in Good Campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    You can also "respect the lives of some" "have contempt for the lives of others" and be Evil.
    Not if you "respect the lives of most" and "Have contempt for the lives of those who go out of their way to lose my respect".

A elf who is kind and altruistic toward strangers who are not dwarves - and cruel & vicious toward dwarves - can cross the line into Evil, and stay there no matter how kind and altruistic toward most people they meet, they are.
    Actually, if they're actually beneficial to most people they meet, they're Neutral, not Evil... but Dwarves will think he's Evil because they only see the darkest side of him, instead of the lighter sides as well. Good and Evil DO balance out if the acts are of comparable regularity and/or severity.

Earlier though:
    That's because Richard went beyond "Pest" to outright "menace".

Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    The backtracking will continue until morale improves. At first it was "burns X to death", then it was "burns X, but maybe they won't die", then it was "burns X, but only one or two patches on X get scorched", and who knows what it'll be next?
    I never said Burns X to death. The term I've used consistently in all my posts is "Set X on fire", which generally implies a delay between ignition and horrible horrible death, which can be averted by stopping, dropping, and rolling. If Richard burns to death, it's because he wouldn't stop being an annoying little ****head to extinguish it.
    Last edited by Scow2; 2014-01-20 at 11:44 PM.