Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
Failing that, she's gotten on rather well with the Prince that controls Brooklyn, so I figure she could say something to him in the hopes that he's all "Oh HELL NO, YOU DUN GOOFED NOW SUCKA" or the equivalent thereof.
Well, why didn't you list that among our assets in the first place?

Having the attention of the Prince - even if it's only casual or in passing - is kind of a big deal. And I could see you playing it up, and staying in character as well.

You see, Princes love to have pets. Broken enemies, morality pets, trophy vamps, status symbols. Get that Prince a pet; Princes love pets. And your character, as described, is a Woobie - the perfect morality pet. A shy, smart bookworm is exactly the sort the Prince wants to keep around; someone easily manipulated and intimidated by the Prince, more afraid of the Prince than anyone else (and with good reason), who harbors no ambition for the Prince's influence. A Woobie is a walking litmus test for the Princes' friends and enemies alike.

My suggestion? Arrange with the ST out-of-character. The Prince takes a casual interest in your character. Then start your suggested progression of PTSD, becoming nervous or withdrawn or what have you. When the Prince expresses curiosity with the change in your character's behavior, she will - nervously - explain herself.

Now your character gets to remain a Woobie, and you've handed the gun to the ST. Rest assured that any plot you could conceive, any scheme you could contrive, a capable ST can do worse to a character. In this way, your character remains more or less the same (albeit traumatized), while the offender gets his comeuppance.

After all, nobody messes with the Prince's toys.

Disclaimer: This is the same ST who tried to get you to play out the scene, so mileage may vary. Further, chances are that you'd be trading the Daeva's domination for the Prince's, so take that for what it's worth.