View Single Post

Thread: Minecraft Monsters in d&d

1. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Monsters in d&d

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Bees die once they sting someone. In a certain sense, they are killing themselves, with the goal of taking their enemies with them.

Creepers detonate themselves, which kills them. What if they are just like the bees? They may be aware of the danger Steve? poses to them or their environment (forest fires, cutting down trees, slaughtering animals) and try to kill him in an attempt to make life easier for the other Creepers.
    Only workerbees have stingers and the barb on their stingers doesnt necessarily catch, However the stinger is also a result of an incomplete development of the female bee's reproductive system, and the Queen bee spawns thousands of servant females. The very attack response for the stinger is a result of the Genetic Imperative to continue the dynasty.

If a creeper is an animate seedpod for something in minecraft, then that would explain why they crunch like paper or dry leaves, and why the explode, which is because a plant figured out how to actually weaponize the will to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I think you should add both Steve?s and Testificates as playable races!

Please?
    Someone already did steve as a class named "The Minecraftian"
    Last edited by toapat; 2014-04-05 at 01:03 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself