Melody's Island

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
Jezebelle smiles kindly at Magtok. "I'm sorry. I wish I could do something to make you feel more comfortable. she looks around, not knowing what else to say or do. Then she looks back to Happy. "Do you like the soup?"

Melody raises an eyebrow. That's the pincushion-thing, right? Never tried it before. You really think it'll work? she looks over to her broken arm. Hopefully that's not your plan for mending this. she says, a little amused.
Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
[/SPOILER]

"It's good. Your soup is always good,"
Happy says. She looks at Melody. "Be careful with that acupuncher stuff. They make me pass out." Actually that was Happy's player. This was about 15 or so years ago that I had acupuncture. I never felt the needles, but about two minutes after they were put in, I fainted. The assistant caught me - they removed some of the needles, and had me lay down. The doctor says it was because I had very low chi, so that's why redirecting it with the needles had that effect.

I really don't know what I believe about all that, still.
Derek smiles and nods used to that reaction. "Well my acupuncture is probably a little different then what you might be thinking of. Where I am from it is one of the more popular ways to focus healing magic. It takes a bit of time, but I would say we could have that bone fixed in an hour or so. Just so long as you aren't scared of needles.