1. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

DruidGirl

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 25: Now with extra Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Just know that facebook relationship statuses aren't always up-to-date. I know a girl whose profile says she's single, but who may or may not be dating a mutual friend.
    Yes, but I think it's more appropriate to approach someone you honestly believe is single than to do the same to someone whose status says that he's in a relationship. The latter could be wrong, too, but I tend to believe people.

And the status has changed recently, at least I guess that from the other things on the profile (Recent events being mentioned, I guess it has been updated recently). Which, of course, may mean that his girlfriend and he broke up recently.
    There are people who consider it an abomination to prey on the defenseless prey that is a newly single man, and sadly, I have no idea how long you have to wait. (I mean, I know you have to wait a year before marrying someone else if your spouse died, but that's hardly comparable. Also, my uncle remarried half a year after his wife's death, and I wish some other woman had had the courage to do something inappropriate. I hate the new step-aunt.)

Life is hard and complicated.

I guess I should go back to online dating. I somehow never find a man I consider attractive that way, but at least I know they're interested.
    Last edited by Themrys; 2014-04-19 at 03:00 PM.