Roderick had spent most of the trip while confined in his room field-stripping his weaponry and cleaning/polishing his uniform, taking extra care to see that everything was in proper working order even going as far as replacing the filter in his standard-issue gas mask.

After the better part of the two days the entire room seemed almost filled with a haze of Lho-stick smoke, the constant boredom having resulted in leaving Roderick with only one pack left in his field kit.

Deep in the middle of polishing his boots at the time the Dataslate arrived Roderick took great care to finish his preparations before making his way to the war room, taking a second to ensure his las-weaponry was on safe mode and clipping the unneeded gas mask onto his belt before exiting his room.

As he walks down the halls Roderick begins grumbling to himself.

"Next time I find out they're going to put me on a ship I'll have to make sure to bring some stencils or something, at least back home the constant drilling didn't leave time to consider being bored."

As soon as Roderick steps foot in the war room he steps off to the right and snaps to attention, making the sign of the Aquilla with his hands.