Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
That sounds like a form of hell in the end, since he cannot sleep or rest.
I meant that his base physical capabilities are identical to a physical fit human who's experience an adrenaline rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu Himura View Post
Well, it's been said here enough, but Cap is not Superhuman by benchmarks (the very lowest of Superstrenght is, I think, Spiderman and he can lift, push, drag, etc more that Cap, similar for other physical attributes).
Everyone from Deadpool/Wolverine to Varnae would take issue with that. You're superhuman if you can lift more than a regular person should. And if memory serves, Marvel's "official stat blocks" having been putting Steve in the superhuman range for years now.

It has been said that a persona that's at the same time superior to any one golden-medal-level athlete at their own game is, in a way, superhuman, but when the enemy is lifting cars, you look kind of ordinary.
Captain America can lift cars. Not bench press them like kittens, but he can lift a car.

A good point of reference would be Captain America builds for Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition. There should be like a thousand of them around. If there's any designer's notes, that should point you into a good direction.
You should use the source material, not biased, un-exact facsimiles to design this concept around.

Quote Originally Posted by Durazno View Post
I think there are characters with superhuman strength who still aren't as strong as Spider-Man. Dude can lift 10 tons over his head, after all. (I mean, he forgets he can do that depending on the writer, but still.)
This. Though he bips between 10 tons and 30 tons and that's more a system thing than actual weight. The Thing is "Class 100" but the guy has moved things in the thousands of tons range.

I agree that mental attributes are less affected than physical, but they might still get smaller bonuses to represent the subject's sharper senses, greater confidence and ability to think faster.

The serum is a bit awkward to model because D&D's character progression charts people becoming superhuman over time. I mean, you can't tell me that a person able to kill bears and umber hulks with her bare hands or climb sheer stone walls without a rope doesn't have superhuman capabilities. So would a level 1 fighter treated with serum just become... uh... super-humaner as he levels up over time? Like, you accounted for the +5 to attributes from leveling - would our super soldier still get the attribute points as she levels?

It almost seems to me that "human/dwarf/whatever treated with the super soldier serum" could be a race with a level adjustment.
I personally view Pathfinder's Advanced simple template as representing a bare bones "Super Soldier". +4 to all stats and +2 Natural armor for +1 CR (aka +1 LA in that system).