View Single Post

Thread: Two-Weapon Fighting

1. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Two-Weapon Fighting

i have some other questions about TWF, which arose during your discussion;

1. Are there NO disadvantages to TWF except you don't have the ability Bonus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warskull View Post
    Normally: You may only dual wield with two light weapons. Whenever you attack you gain an extra attack from the second weapon. You do not add your ability modifier to the damage from the second weapon. Anyone can do this. Your wizard can dual wield darts.
    So, if my ability Bonus is 0 or 1 it's just like a free attack..? i don't need to skill anything or take feats..? it's just as easy as picking up a second weapon and "bam", you can now dual wield..?

2. as a Rogue; can you double Sneak attack when you have two weapons? and can you sneak attack one guy twice or even sneak attack 2 guys in one round (but each one, only once..)?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1of3 View Post
    Although you might choose to attack another creature with your off hand weapon or use the attack to apply your Sneak Attack, if you missed the first one.
    EDIT: uh, my bad... i just saw this sentence in the rules: "You can use this feature only once per turn." that's why you said; you can sneak attack "if you missed the first one." sorry..

I Know my quotes kind of answer my questions, but i think this is so strange to me, that i want to be really sure.. especially since in 2e you had like a -4 and -2 on your attack rolls if dual wielding..

Lastly a bit unrelated;
    If you throw a Dagger; do you add Str. or Dex.?
    a Dagger is a finesse weapon. so you can chose between Str or Dex. but when thrown you always apply Str? do you apply it to your to-hit-roll and your damage roll?
    i mean Damage roll is reasonable, since you can throw it harder or something.. but why do i hit better with more str? (imagine the tiny Hobbit rogue, sitting in the shadows and waiting for the perfect opportunity and the Half-Orc Barbarian, storming in through the front door. Both are throwing a dagger at someone; who has the better chance to hit...?)
    Last edited by Astovidas; 2014-05-09 at 05:37 AM.