1. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - 13: Bet you could really go for a bottle of cool, refreshing Tupa

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post

There would be better with a more direct call-out. However in Leviathan Shepard specifically calls out the Leviathan as Idiots for creating the "Intelligence" in the first place. It is at least partway what you need. I just feel the rest is so heavily implied it isn't really neccesary to point it out, just like I have never understood why there was a need for a "I REFUSE" option.
    We kind of had this argument before. The main crux of it being that you're doing significant damage to the reapers and suddenly you instalose without getting any say in things. I mean we were promised Krogan riding dinosaurs and didn't receive them. It doesn't matter how many fetch quests you do or how many times you cripple their ability to make special husks to break up ground troops, or how many ships are in your fleet, you lose the same way the moment you try to have them do the one thing the number is directly and visibly linked to.

Not to mention that, as stated, the starkid is seven kinds of stupid and a whole bunch of people just don't want to play Bioware's pretentious five minute pseudophilosophy. They wanted to actually whip out the Cain again and launch it down Harbingers throat. Or see how TIMs powers work by shootintg at him a bunch more times. Or have a satisfying sense of accomplishment by any means. You know, something with actual buildup to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post

Indeed. As far as I remember the percentage of the galaxy that is explored by the races in the ME trilogy is 14%. Just as an example.
    And again, this just being our galaxy proper. Out past dark space is a series of entire satellite galaxies orbiting our own, and using Mass Effect statistics they're bound to have life forms of their own. No ship that's ever been developed could hit that distance except maybe the reapers themselves, and that's a big maybe given raw distance in some cases. If conflict on that scale really is inevitable then they'd have long since had a synthetic kill them all and move over to kill us, possibly roflstompng the reapers if they're that strong.

Though now that I think about it, oh my god, I think I may have discovered our new franchise villains.
    Last edited by Jayngfet; 2014-05-28 at 04:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.