Why doesn't Durkula come mostly clean?

Quote Originally Posted by Durkula
"Lads, I'm not a cleric of Thor any more. Thor doesn't like vampires, and that's na my fault. I'm technically a cleric of Hel now -- in fact, her high priest because I'm her only worshipper on this mortal plane.

None of tha' changes the fact I dinna want Redcloak destroyin' the world or Xykon ruling it. I dinna ask to be an undead abomination, but tha' doesn't mean I don't have to constantly pay a price for it -- na just from mortals, but from the gods I once served with all my being."
Being as honest as possible would probably win sympathy points and foreclose any dramatic revelation -- because you've already revealed all of this with your own spin on it. The crucial omitted bit -- that "Durkon" is actually an evil spirit with a very malign agenda -- is something that would require something on the order of divine revelation to reveal.

It also prevents Durkula from being caught in a lie later, which would be much harder to explain away. After all, I strongly doubt Durkula will be able to pretend to be a cleric of Thor in a society with so many of his worshippers, or if they encounter the High Priest of Thor. So the sooner this admission is made, the fewer problems in the long run. Better to admit the truth with your own spin then to outright lie or conceal only to be caught out later.

Respectfully,

Brian P.