Quote Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post

He asked you if you really consider them to be cheating. And do remember that this is a context where you implied that it's "cheating" in any game, not just yours where you ruled them out.
Yes, I think using a bag of holding(and all the rest) is cheating. But so what? It is just my view. I see it cheating in the same way you would not keep track of a characters encumbrance or just do the old ''oh he had that in a pocket all along''. Extra space is just way to open to abuse, so it is just better not to have it.

I think it is bad enough that most players see the extra space items as a ''must have''. It is worse when they load them up with everything plus a kitchen sink. And it is cheating when they fill it with endless magic items, like scrolls. It's a great example of a broken thing: The rules let spellcasters make tons of magic items, and the extra space items let them carry around all the items. I fix both in my game, and eliminate the extra space items all together.

Spoiler: cheating
Show
Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. Another type of cheat would be an exploit cheat where an advantage is gained through an unintended game exploit, such as skipping a weapon reload timer by quickly switching weapons back and forth without actually reloading the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm pretty sure you're engaging in hyperbole to establish contrast, but I think everyone can agree that any game that involves killing 12 dragons every 6 seconds is an outlier that doesn't really represent 3.x games in a statistically meaningful way.

It's like you honestly believe there is no middle ground between people digging in the dirt for a breadcrumb of power Hackmaster-style and super-omnipotent Mega-Godmode Optimizing.
I've sat in on the ''dragon kill a minute'' type games....they do exist. There are lots of weak ''player DMs'' out there that let the players walk all over them. But if that is how they like to have fun, who cares?

My point is my game is more ''nitty gritty'', where five characters with a wooden spoon must defeat a lich(Oh, the Spoon of Doom...good memories). My world is a real meat grinder. Chances are your character will never be at 100%. This is 180 degrees from a lot of games where the characters are ''near 100%'' at all times, where the characters rest all the time or have rules like max hit points per level.

Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
So can we see the full write up?
Sure, I'm Out of Town right now, heading to ''The Worlds Biggest Yard Sale'' for the next two days.....so next week....