View Single Post

Thread: Variant, non-broken monk.

1. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Variant, non-broken monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Renen View Post
    I think his main argument (oh god... am I backing snowbluff?) is simply that by strictest RAW, its only the list.

Obviously even he would agree (he better) that it would make sence for any gm to just allow all fighter feats for reasons mentioned by rubik
    Indeed. The argument was originally to get around that "I have epic fighter feats" crap, but I ended up debunking the entire ACF. Nothing about it dysfunctional in any way. In fact, your feat list is greatly improved for several styles. It's just not all-encompassing like people think it is.

What Curmudgeon said has much wider implications. Even if you were to grab any fighter feat you wanted, you couldn't use it.

Personally, I would rather not have the monk just circumvent every requirement, but the combination of being MAD and not having full BAB (BAB is a common prerequisite) leaves no other option. A fixed monk in terms of bonus feats would simply have full BAB, be less MAD, and would have to meet their prereqs. Unfortunately, you might as well have a fighter at that point.

Also, I'm only like 48% unbackable. I try to have reasons to say the things I say.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2014-06-14 at 12:16 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.