Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
As ever, I am in favour of more stuff to use (although I'd prefer Rokugan- or even both, then I can attempt to Rok out with my KoK out).

The presence of broken stuff tends to be self regulating. We don't see abuse of things like UrPriest or other CharOp tricks.
Eh, the cynical part of me expects that KoK would feel "new" enough that people will want to flex a bit by showing them off - despite the fact that they're not actually new, just largely ignored because of the dubiousness of the source material. And as for broken stuff self-regulating, there have been at least 8 Ur-Priests in Iron Chef, and we've seen everything from infinite stacking of Incarnate/Dustform templates to unfinished ghost savage progressions to Shadowcraft Mage shenanigans to simulacrum abuse, plus a lot more I'm forgetting. I'm not sure we're quite as immune to CharOp tricks as you think.

Not that I'm opposed to CharOp tricks, mind. But the sloppiness of much of KoK's crunch bothers me. For all that I dig on Wizards for sloppy editing or failing to think things through, their stuff is miles ahead of even the best third party options.