View Single Post

Thread: The Divine Forge - IC (Ongoing Campaign)

1. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine Forge - IC (Ongoing Campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    She nods in the direction the group is planning on going.
    Sir Cynric looked to the North. "Towards the Gray Keep. Interestng..."
    He turns to the rest of the party. "Mount up. If there's a chance of finding Brent on the way to my Vassal, then I would prefer we take that chance. I for one would like to garner from him what it is he actually saw."

Spoiler: All
    Show
    I'll assume you all decide to follow him, unless you deliberately object... which I doubt.

As you all ride, you all arrive to a heavily wooded area, and Sir Cynric rides on in. The trees are tall pines, centuries old, though quite a few are bare. The gloomy overcast does not let up, and the forest is dark even in the morning. Cynric is far ahead of you when he finally says something.

"Gentlemen, I believe I have found Mr.Gallows... though...I cannot say with absolute certainty."

You ride up to meet him: the smell of blood is heavy in the air. You come to a clearing, where Cynric stares solemnly up into the trees..

The body is hung up on the branches, flesh stripped down to the muscles, face twisted into an agonizing horror. Carrion birds feast on what remains, and flies are everywhere. You can find his blood in numerous places. On a stone in the center are markings painted in red.

Spoiler: Language: Infernal
    Show
    To the Shrine of the Forgotten One, I go. To those who dare to find me, ye shall follow.

"While he was a coward," said Cynric, "Brent was cunning, elusive, and at times a deadly man. He has been known to escape secure prisons, and contribute to the deaths of many of the Guild's enemies.
    "Whoever our new adversary is... killed Brent with little effort. Whatever it is... Mortal, undead... even otherworldly... he is a force to be reckoned with. Stay on your guard, friends, and keep together."
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2014-07-10 at 09:52 PM.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show