Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
Could you link to those two things and tell me how they do it?
I don't know what Greymantle is, but the Teramach has an ability that well... here it is:

Death-is-Death Conclusion: When you reduce a creature to -10 hit points, or below 0 hit points if they do not possess negative hit points, or inflict nonlethal damage in excess of -10 hit points if they have Regeneration or a similar trait, or otherwise destroy a creature's form, they die. This only functions in a Rage. Specific examples follow.

Creature who reconstitute themselves after death, such as Liches, Ghosts, and Gods, do not reconstitute themselves; they just die.

Creatures who cannot be killed, such as the Tarrasque, are killed anyway.

Creatures whose life force return to their home plane after death, to become one with its planar energies, such as most Outsiders, do not achieve cosmic one-ness; they just die.

Creatures who can survive past their normal threshold for death, such as by the effects of a Delay Death spell, do not survive past this threshold; they just die.

When you kill a Summoned creature, its real self dies.

When you kill a creature who is projected from somewhere else, such as by an Astral Projection spell, their real self dies.

When you kill a creature whose death is interrupted by an effect that does not require an action to perform, such as a Vampire's automatic gaseous form, or a contingent spell, that effect does not activate; they just die.

I'm sure you get the gist; killing things kills them. Extrapolate as necessary.
It seems like these sorts of conflicts are simply up to DM fiat, since both seem similarly all-encompassing.

Player: He's dead.

DM: No he's not.

Player: Yeah he is.

DM: No he's not!

Player: Yeah huh!

DM: Nuh uh!

Ad infinitum.