1. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Can you Rudisplork at D&D 2: Sithsnape and the Orcus of Secret House Rules

Whoops, posted this in the wrong place! Oh well, copy/pasting it...

Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Well, maybe more like: Don't expect to be a ''Teir 1'' type caster in my game. My rules make everyone much more level and balanced. No spellcaster dominates my game, without a LOT of work.
    Ha, so we've graduated from jedipotter 'responding to a single word and ignoring the rest of the post' to 'Not responding at all' to the post! Maybe he's acceded the point?

Problem Players like easy rules that are all good for them, like the default 3X/P rules. Take them away, and the Problem Player does not want to play. That stops them cold. And if they do play, they just want to sit back and be a problem. Take that away from them, and they can't make problems.
    Ah, nope. Maybe you missed my post? It's here, in case that is what happened - I know I've been busy!

It points out that this statement is incorrect - complete with examples, and references to two other people's posts with much of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    But... it's your fault that he's doing that. You are making him do the thing you hate. You are the problem player.
    That certainly explains how he seems to end up playing with so many horrible monsters - he's driving away all the good players.

(I mean yeesh, the guy said Thurbane is a cheating optimizer! Thurbane!)

Edit:
    And they can't just ''memorize the books'', as I have more books.
    Are you saying you have the best monster knowledge /in the world/?! Nobody can possibly know more about monsters than you - and certainly not anyone whos goal in life is to wreck your game? That's quite a presumption we have there.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2014-07-13 at 05:45 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics