1. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Those Mystra fixes the bug of magic well?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOOB View Post
    At best you only get 1 9th level spell a day, and I doubt wish can emulate another 9th level spell. It will also likely have an expensive material component.
    I was referring to using Wish for something other than a spell, which (apparently) will have severe drawbacks:

Quote Originally Posted by Merc_Kilsek View Post
    The stress of casting this spell to produce any effect other than duplicating another spell weakens you. Until you complete a long rest, you lose the ability to cast spells. In addition, your Strength drops to 3, if it is not 3 or lower already, for 2d4 days. For each of those days that you spend resting and doing nothing more than light activity, your remaining recovery time decreases by 2 days.
    I don't know if effects other than duplicating spells will be restricted some way. And downtime between adventures has been mentioned here and there ("three months pass..."), during which characters ARE supposed to do stuff. So if the cost of wishing impossible things is very steep during an adventure but trivial during downtime, why don't high level Wizards wish a new plane for themselves every week? That was my concern.

Of course, nothing is set in stone until the PHB actually gets released, and we need the exact text to judge, so I'll be patient.
    Last edited by HeadlessMermaid; 2014-07-21 at 01:46 AM.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium