Rising Glory

When the conwoman enters the First Lance's tent, she realizes she isn't alone. One of the common soldiers lies on the ground, genuflecting before the Night Caste.

"Oh most generous Rising Glory," he says. "I thank you for blessing me with the chance to see you twice in this lifetime."

Typhon

The deathknight makes an impatient clucking sound, tongue against palate.

"Manners, manners. Especially when speaking to more august persons, child of Mela."

His short daiklaves scrape just so, and the Air Aspect finds his throat and jaw clean-shaven.

"Are there any more of you skulking about? Or will I be forced to reenact all those terrible rumors the Immaculate Faith preaches about what my kind does? Which particular misdeed would you have me begin with?"

The tip of one daiklave is lowered, rests against Braga's navel.

"Disembowelment? Messy, messy, and the fun is over too quickly. Amputation? Your hands look soft, Dragon; you don't get much use from them. Or...what if I do nothing at all to you? And simply pay that sweet child a visit one night?"

"Your name, Dragon."

It is at this point that Shimoko arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
"What's a pinkie?"

Versi blinked a little puzzled, but nodded at Smile's words: the young Abyssal knew more about Black Hand's power than she did. Best not to take chances. She chuckled a little at the request, placing a hand back towards her earlier wound. "I don't think I could kill you anyway. You're good at fighting, damn it." There's no malice in the young Lunar's tone. It'd been a fair fight, barring the lack of armor thing. Grinning, Versi nodded a second time. "But all right. I promise, if we have to fight, I'll pretend too."

The little Lunar's smile faded a little. Her gaze grew distant, thinking back towards the camp, Skycutter... and Braga.Her mind wheeled through the other members of their party, smiling, friendly and dedicated to the service of Lookshy. Versi's eyes started to drip, the young chosen gently crying, her breath harsh. She tried to grin, just as Smile had a little time before. "I don't have a lot of friends. I.. don't know you that well, but I'd still hate it if you died."
She winks at the Lunar, the sudden shift in mood jarring even as Smile's eyes remain haunted.

"I'd hate it if I died too!"

Slowly, she reaches for Versino, giving the Lunar a hug of her own. And...sniffing her neck?

"...Sorry. Habit. But...try to slip away night after next?"

Ireva and Zhou

"Five Hounds Braying," the soldier says. He shrugs at Ireva's question. "No idea."

Spoiler: OOC
Show

I'm kind of eager to move to the next scene in the morning? Just make rolls for the information you need, and I'll try to post it sometime this weekend.