Quote Originally Posted by jqavins View Post
What about weight and price? You give them for the base, but one needs to know how they change with the various qualities.

And how about adding a quality Heavy that just increases the damage category. It would be incompatible with Light but that's probably about all. Otherwise, how is one ever going to get into the big damage categories?
Weight and price aren't there because the SRD weapons don't seem to follow a pattern at all. A quick draft would be simple weapons cost half, exotic cost double, light weapons weigh half, and two-handed weapons weigh and cost double. Do you have ideas on how I could make this more interesting?

I don't like the idea of a quality that doesn't come with any significant downsides. Everyone making a weapon would take it without any thought. I used to have a quality "Well-Crafted", which increased the cost and damage, but it was a no-brainer to just stick it on every weapon you create.
Also, I don't see the need for a quality that increases damage more. For example, greatswords have the highest damage of all the weapons in the SRD, at 2d6. A weapon with the Two-Handed and Weak Criticals qualities also has 2d6 damage.