Yelis shifted a little under the coffin. Ah, rural bumpkins. What an adorable little fear-mongering mob with their cute little pitchforks! It was a good thing he'd picked a human form, and his own was not a bad one for this. They were afraid, which was good. He was quite familiar with fear. He smiled amiably, and gestured broadly with his free hand. "Gentlemen, gentlemen. Your position is certainly an understandable one. One can't be too cautious where magic is involved, don't we all know, of course meaning no disrespect to the deceased. Might I suggest, however, that you seem to be coming about this from the wrong direction? At least, that's how it would seem from my own limited understanding of matters. Which is to say, I would, were I you, wish the departed laid to rest on consecrated grounds, with all the rites due him and in accordance with his wishes. Permit him the quiet dignity of a proper burial so that his spirit will be at ease. Now, I am no holy man, so perhaps you may correct me on my theology if you are more studied on the matter, but I am one to err on the side of caution where I might inadvertently… slight any deity, through no intention, naturally, but still implying that, say, the rites of Pharasma are somehow insufficient or lacking." He smiled again.