Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
The only problem with turn 3 is that it makes the odds of my opponents having countermagic much more likely.

I think the way to do it with as little investment as possible is actually fetchland into stomping grounds, play Orcish lumberjack for 4 green mana on turn 2, regardless of what else I do.

I don't think my opponents will have any idea that an orcish lumberjack of all things is a threat until it's too late.
I mean, that card is absurdly powerful on raw power level so I wouldn't be surprised if it raised a few eyebrows :) But certainly, for turn 2 GGGG you could do worse. Gaea's Cradle with some free/cheap dudes is the other thing I can think of. Mana elf and two lands plus Elvish Spirit Guide/Lotus Petal/equivalent would be a third one. It's also possible to accelerate colorless (with the usual stuff, Ancient Tombs, City of Traitors, whatever) and convert it into green (or make everything castable with colorless or whatever) with stuff like Gilded Lotus, Mycosynth Lattice or whatever.